How can I become an MLK Scholar at The Dimock Center?
Please complete our online application. All applications will need to be submitted by Monday, May 4, 2020. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Ann Mannino from our Child and Family Services Division at email@example.com or call at 617-442-8800 ext.1277.
What is the MLK Scholars program?
The MLK Scholars program offers meaningful summer work experience and personal development opportunities to 650 Boston teens at nearly 60 non-profit organizations. It is the largest, most comprehensive corporate summer jobs program of its kind in the country.
Who are MLK Scholars?
Scholars are Boston youth ages 16-18, who are selected for their leadership potential. They will provide critical capacity support to us as we further our mission, while gaining job readiness skills. They also represent our next generation of civic and business leaders, who will help us build a healthier and more equitable Boston.
What will Scholars gain from this experience?
Scholars are employed for approximately 20-25 hours a week at The Dimock Center. The program will begin on Monday, July 6th and will end on Friday, August 14th. During the program, Scholars will also:
- Attend a workshop series called Leadership Forums, held on Fridays at Agganis Arena throughout the summer. The Forums are designed to help develop job readiness skills and build connections with other scholars and volunteers from around city.
- Complete an online financial literacy course through EVERFI. EVERFI’s platform helps scholars manage their financial lives and help them achieve future-oriented goals.
What type of positions are available for Dimock’s 2020 Scholars Program?
Our Scholar program will provide support within our Early Education department. We encourage youths who have strong interests within early education and childhood development to apply. Here are the positions available:
- Early Head Start Classroom Support
- Program Administrator Support
- Family Service Worker Support
- Head Start Classroom Support