Relief Residential Counselor
Relief Residential Counselors take the place of the Residential Counselor on an as needed basis due to vacations, holidays, illness, etc. The Relief Residential Counselor is responsible for everything which the Residential Counselor normally does during his or her shift.
This position requires a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Relief Residential Counselors responsibilities include
- To develop and maintain a warm, friendly, cooperative atmosphere in the residence in which individuals live and staff work.
- To safeguard the privacy and confidentiality of the residents and staff and to treat individuals with dignity and respect at all times.
- To provide case management services for designated individuals.
- To perform duties that ensures the health, safety, and well-being of individuals and staff including: proper maintenance and cleaning of house, lawn and vans.
- To assist in development and implementation of Individual Support Plans.
- To maintain appropriate records pertinent to ISPs and other records as directed by the Program Manager.
- To develop and carry out recreational/community activities in cooperation with the wishes of the individuals, and in concert with the Program Coordinator and the Program Manager.
- To administer medication according to all DDS and DPH regulations, if staff have obtained a current Medication Administration Certificate.
- To follow the regulations and suggestions as outlined by DDS QUEST surveys and other pertinent licensing agencies.
- To instruct individuals in activities of daily living, self-help, and socialization skills. These essential programs may require physical assistance, use of teaching techniques such as faded cueing, reinforcement schedules and hand-over-hand assistance.
- To cover the house when necessary on an emergency basis such as during snow storms.
- To attend at least two other related trainings annually.
- Other related tasks under the direction of the Program Manager.
- Partnership with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Opportunity to work with an incredibly diverse patient population and staff
To apply for this job, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org