Patient Access Coordinator
Our Patient Access Coordinators are a key role in the center’s aim to deliver patient-centered, coordinated, team based health care. He/she is responsible for completing all front desk functions efficiently and professionally including appointment scheduling, patient registration and telephone management. The Patient Access Coordinator is expected to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. The Patient Access Coordinator will work closely with other staff in the health center to maintain flexibility with work schedules in order to meet clinic needs during hours of operation. Patient Access Coordinators work in: Adult Medicine, Dental Clinic, Eye Clinic and Ob/GYN
This position requires High School Diploma or G.E.D (an Associate Degree is preferred) with at least 2-3 years demonstrated experience in an ambulatory environment.
Patient Access Coordinators responsibilities include
- Greet patients in a friendly, welcoming, professional manner.
- Answer all telephone calls and inquiries for the clinic in customer service oriented, professional manner and direct as appropriate, taking detailed and accurate messages when necessary.
- Schedule all available appointment slots accurately and in accordance with established clinic-specific guidelines in ECW or PMG.
- Confirm all appointments within 24 hours of scheduled appointment and record result in the current system in accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Perform a pre-registration process to capture/verify patient demographic, third-party insurance information with referral requirement/authorization, appropriate co-payments and/or designated amount due in ECW. Schedule new patient appointment in either ECW or PMG depending on clinic.
- Check in patients; confirm demographics, insurance collect co-pays and web enable patients.
- Monitor patient flow within the reception area, monitor patient wait time, and respond to patient questions about wait time.
- Check out patients. Schedule future appointments, print patient summary, direct patient to appropriate area(s), i.e. lab, financial counseling, etc.
- Keeps patient information (appointment lists, lab slips, and faxes) covered at all times.
- Responsible for the maintenance of clinic specific cash funds, balancing and submission of daily cash receipts. Maintain accurate posting and collection of self-pay fees and payments for services provided as indicated.
- Maintain a clean, organized work environment as well as the patient waiting area.
- Photocopy, fax, or scan materials as required.
- Monitor inventory of supplies and notify unit coordinator of needs.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Partnership with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Opportunity to work with an incredibly diverse patient population and staff
To apply for this job, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com