Seeking a nurse care manager to manage the care needs of a complex Medicaid population. Working within a well-established community health center within a vibrant, diverse primary care team in an integrated behavioral health/primary care setting, this position is a significant opportunity to build deep patient care relationships; to utilize nursing assessment and patient education skills; and to inform program development under the guidance of senior staff.
- RN with experience in clinical outpatient medicine; BSN and Master’s in a relevant health area preferred
- Familiarity with medical home model and chronic care management
- Spanish preferred.
Position: Full Time, potentially including some evening hours and Saturdays
Salary: Commensurate with experience and degree. Benefits included.
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Formulates and implements a care management plan that addresses the patient’s identified needs
- Provides in-depth patient-centered education on: chronic diseases; acute illnesses; medications; self-management techniques; nutrition and physical activity; and self-care.
- Coordinates patient care across multiple specialties within and outside of the Health Center.
- Works to reduce avoidable Emergency Room visits and hospital readmissions.
- Identifies and effectively utilizes community resources to meet the needs of patients/families.
- In conjunction with senior staff, help with the implementation and evaluation of the Enhanced Care Management program including maintenance of a risk-stratified panel of high-risk patients and ongoing evaluation of interventions and outcome data to improve services.
- May provide coverage for primary care nursing duties, as needed and as determined by nurse manager.
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Do you have the following license or certification: RN?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com