Marketing and Communications Manager
The Marketing and Communications Manager creates and oversees the implementation of a strategic communications and marketing plan to support the organization’s goals. The Manager will represent The Dimock Center in the community and work with both internal and external team members to accomplish shared goals.
• Develop and execute an annual comprehensive communications and marketing plan to meet fundraising, community relations, and program marketing goals. The plan will include: media relations, social media campaigns, internal and external publications, management of all websites, and marketing activities to support programs. The plan will include specific outputs and outcome goals for each area.
• Provide quarterly reports evaluating the success of the plan to date. Propose changes as appropriate to respond to needs and environmental influences.
• Serve as the primary media contact for The Dimock Center.
• Develop, maintain and leverage relationships with print, television, radio and online media contacts. Determine story ideas and craft appropriate, engaging story pitches, press releases, or media advisories. Directly follow up with Editors and Reporters as needed. Monitor relevant related media coverage to understand how to leverage news and trends to advance Dimock’s priorities.
• Keep current on changing demographics, industry trends and other relevant issues in order to evaluate marketing and communication activities.
• Act as the primary liaison to departments and programs on the Dimock campus to ascertain marketing needs.
• Collaborate with department heads to develop plans to provide needed support.
• Oversee the creation of all collateral materials for events and programs.
Website, Email and Social Media Channels
• Coordinate website maintenance-ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
• Manage Constant Contact and all social media accounts. Create and post timely messages and content on regular basis. Continually assess all lists of followers, supporters, and track and measure engagement.
• Manage external vendor relationships, including graphic designer/creative developer team, photographer, videographer and website platform developer to support marketing and communications goals. Regularly evaluate vendors based upon needs and budgets, and seek new vendors as needs arise.
• Supervise one full-time Development and Communications Associate and potentially one summer intern. Train all to manage the technology platforms required.
• Engage leadership volunteers in providing guidance and technical assistance to support Dimock marketing and communications activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Ability to take direction and collaborate with supervisor and team.
• Ability to also take initiative and work independently and prioritize work daily.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including proofreading skills. Ability to rapidly write clear, strong, compelling communications.
• Demonstrated ability and experience with a variety of technically different writing formats and styles including: donor communications, public relations, grant proposals, and marketing.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate with diverse constituents, including colleagues, patients, families, donors (including board members) media representatives and vendors.
• Creativity, a high level of energy, and passion for the mission of the Dimock Center.
• Strong technology skills, including experience working with CRMs, Constant Contact, graphic design, publishing, web software (WordPress), and all social media platforms.