Education Manager-Foundations for Learning Program
Position Summary: ImplementsCenter-Based programming that meets or exceeds all applicable local, state andfederal standards/regulations. Provides supervision and support for Teachers,Teaching Assistants and Per Diem Substitutes. Works collaboratively withcontent area specialists to ensure coordinated, comprehensive service deliveryand smooth transitions between programs and/or program options. Fosters apositive, productive and supportive work environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Quality Learning Environments
- Lead and supervise teaching team in the creation and implementation of developmentally appropriate, culturally responsive learning environments that nurture children’s social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development
- Provide support and supervision to teaching team to ensure implementation of individualized, developmentally appropriate curriculum that is aligned with MA Early Learning Standards and the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework, reflects responsiveness to individual child observations and assessments, and includes goals developed in partnership with families.
- Lead and supervise teaching team in positive interactions between staff and children including practicing positive behavior guidance, encouraging and modeling developmentally appropriate social behaviors and appropriate expression of emotions, and demonstrating responsiveness to children’s interests, needs, and abilities
- In partnership with content area specialists, ensure all child school readiness data is collected, analyzed, and utilized appropriately to guide classroom instruction and continuous program improvement
- Work in partnership with Associate Vice President of Child and Family Services to monitor and report on progress toward the program’s school readiness goals in alignment with the Head Start Learning Outcomes Framework.
Planning & Management
- Assist with program planning and participate in assigned management and/or team meetings.
- Work with ERSEA Specialist to create and implement an effective recruitment plan to ensure that the program maintains full-enrollment, an appropriate waitlist and is serving children most in need of services.
- Facilitate smooth transitions for children and families between program options and/or public school.
- Partner with families to support children’s learning and respond to family concerns and feedback with sensitivity and respect. Practice open, regular and respectful communication with families using a variety of methods including e-mail, phone calls, notes and flyers.
- Support Content Area Specialists in ensuring parent engagement, leadership and governance opportunities are offered and documented.
- Assist in the development, management and reporting of grants and other projects involving assigned classrooms.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, supervision and evaluation of the performance of Teachers, Teaching Assistants and Per Diem Substitutes.
- Serve as coach and mentor to teaching staff in providing individualized, high-quality services.
- Address staff performance concerns in an appropriate and timely manner in collaboration with the Education Manager and Human Resources staff.
- Complete monthly classroom observations of assigned teaching staff and provide quality, specific feedback designed to increase the quality of teaching and learning.
- In partnership with content area specialists, identify overall staff training needs and assist in the planning and implementation of staff development workshops and other in-service programs
- Support Teaching staff in completing accurate and timely comprehensive developmental assessments on children.
- Hold regular staff meetings (minimum of one per month) to disseminate information, provide staff with an avenue to share best practices and provide feedback.
- Monitor assigned classrooms regularly to ensure compliance with Head Start Program Performance Standards, DEEC regulations and all internal policies and procedures.
- Maintain complete, accurate data for assigned classrooms and submit monthly and annual reports in a timely manner.
- Participate in the annual Self-Assessment, DEEC licensing, NAEYC accreditation and any Head Start monitoring reviews; assist with the creation and action plans for non-compliances when needed.
- Ensure classrooms are within designated caregiver-child ratios at all times.
- Collaborate with content area specialists to ensure that all children receive required screenings within designated timeframes.
- Conduct regular monitoring of Classroom Files for completeness and accuracy.
- Recognize and report suspected abuse and/or neglect to the appropriate authorities as required by law.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and communicate to others the importance of confidentiality.
- Maintain strong relationships across C&FS divisions and identify new opportunities to work together to mutual benefit and the benefit of the community.
- Maintain effective linkages with other community providers to assist in recruiting and ensure families receive needed services.
- Bachelor’sdegree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or a related field stronglypreferred. AA/AS degree and pursuing BA considered.
- Aminimum of three (3) years’ experience providing education or social servicesto young children and/or families.
- EECDirector I or II certified – or eligibility to receive certification within 90days of hire.
- Previousexperience in Head Start is an asset.
- Knowledgeof TS Gold Assessment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. .
- Ability to serve as a coach and mentor.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience managing crisis
- Bilingual (English-Spanish, English-Creole) a plus.
- At employment must obtain a physical examination including a TB test.
- Must be able to lift 30-60lbs.
- Must be able to work in a both outdoor and indoor spaces.
- Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
To apply for this job, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com