The Bilingual English/Spanish Early Head Start Home Visitor position provides home visits with Early Head Start families as part of the Home Based Program to form partnerships and provide services to expectant families and children ages birth to three. Establish family development goals and assist families’ in meeting those goals. Engage and educate parents through the use of the Growing Great Kids curriculum which is designed to promote positive pregnancy outcomes, healthy child development, and school readiness. Work collaboratively with content area specialists to ensure families and children receive appropriate and timely services. Recruits and enrolls eligible families.
Education and Experience:
- A home-based CDA or comparable credential, or equivalent coursework as part of an associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in early childhood education, prenatal care, home visiting, teaching and/or community health. Other combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to problem solve, handle crisis, and work with families and children of various cultures from low-income backgrounds.
- Head Start experience preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Valid Driver’s License and a reliable means of local transportation to conduct up to 12 home visits per week
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete weekly (child) or bi-weekly (expectant moms) home visits with a caseload of 10-12 assigned families on a year-round basis.
- Assist expectant families with access to prenatal health care, dental and regular post partum care.
- Provide expectant families with individualized education on fetal development, labor and delivery, postpartum recovery, maternal depression, benefits of breastfeeding and pregnancy risks from smoking and alcohol.
- Identify and report potential concerns with children and/or families and work collaboratively with content area and/or management staff to address them.
- Other duties as assigned by the Home-Based and Site Manager.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounted MBTA pass
- FREE onsite parking
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Partnership with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Opportunity to work with an incredibly diverse patient population and staff
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com