Child Psychiatrist – Part-Time or Full-Time
The Dimock Center’s well-established, innovative integrated behavioral health program is hiring a psychiatrist. Our campus offers a wide range of Behavioral Health services, a varied practice environment, and numerous opportunities for professional growth. Spanish language fluency is preferred.
As a member of the Pediatric Clinic, the clinician will work with a team of 2 psychiatrists, 11 Masters-level clinicians, primary care physicians, nurses, and resource specialists to provide specialty outpatient behavioral health care within primary care, including by:
• Conducting diagnostic evaluations and long-term care with patients to treat their full behavioral health and substance use disorder needs
• Collaborating closely with the larger behavioral health and medical teams
• Having the assistance of multiple support staff, including the front desk, billing, and information technology department
• Participating in trainings and quality improvement activities
• Reporting to the Clinical Director of Behavioral Health Integration and Chief Medical Officer
• If full time is desired, position would include work with our Adult Medicine Clinic’s seasoned Integrated Behavioral Health team
The Dimock Center is recognized nationally as a model for the delivery of comprehensive health and human services in an urban community, The Dimock Center provides the residents of Boston with convenient access to high quality, low cost health care and human services that might not otherwise be available to the communities we serve.
The Dimock Center, founded on July 1, 1862 as the New England Hospital for Women and Children, was the first hospital in New England opened and operated by women for women, and only the second in the country. Noted prominently for its role in the history of women in medicine, Dimock strives to continue in the innovative spirit of trailblazers like Dr. Marie Zakrzewska, who established the hospital, and Mary Eliza Mahoney, the country’s first black nurse who studied here in 1879. The Dimock Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are particularly encouraged to express interest.
If interested, please email resumes to Michael Soule, MD, at firstname.lastname@example.org