Bilingual Family Service Worker
The Family Service Worker provides individualized, culturally-competent and strengths-based case management to a caseload of 35-40 at-risk families enrolled in Dimock’s Early Head Start and Head Start programs. This position assists families in identifying goals for themselves and their children and supports them in reaching those goals. Encourages parents/guardians to be frequent and active participants in the program. Works closely with classroom, content area and management staff to ensure that children and families receive high-quality, comprehensive, integrated Early Head Start/Head Start services.
- Maintains an accurate, thorough case file at all times.
- Work closely with other content area and management staff to ensure that children and families receive high-quality, comprehensive, integrated Early Head Start/Head Start services.
- Coordinates and/or provides training, mentoring and support to staff in areas of expertise.
- In partnership with parents, develop Individual Family Partnership Agreements
- Assists families in determining their needs and in identifying and developing goals to meet those needs. The areas of need may include: job assistance, low-income challenges, resource identification, community connection, isolation, lack of financial/housing resources, disabilities, mental health issues, substance abuse, domestic violence, and/or academic challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services or Psychology preferred
- Credential or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling or a related field.
- At least 1-year related experience in a human service agency
- Bilingual-English/Spanish or English/Haitian Creole highly preferred.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to work with an incredibly diverse patient population and staff
To apply for this job, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org